Top Ten Packing musts for Island Hopping.
Here at Jet-Set-Style we want to help you pack like a pro! Whether you’re chartering yachts in Croatia for Yacht week or sailing through Greek Islands on high speed ferries, there are Ten Packing Commandments one must live by!
- Be smart with your luggage: Luggage can be a tricky one for us ladies, the key is to pick the right luggage that ties in with your travel plans. Hard suitcases will not be sufficient for Yachts/ferries as they take up way to much room; we recommend you go for something lighter and compatible like a Large Backpacker’s Rucksack.
- Pack Key items: Keeping it stylish is an ultimate must when setting out on new adventures. However with the constant traveling it’s essential to keep your luggage light. Pack key pieces that will allow you to mix and match outfits and that will carry you from day to night.
- Apparel: The sun is constantly beaming down and the beaches are endless, so make sure to pack light key pieces like Bardot tops, Beach dresses and plenty of Kimonos.
- Jewelry & Accessories: It’s important to keep on trend when traveling, but when island hopping the constant traveling can mean things get lost or left behind. So opt for cheap and cheerful fun filled accessories like ankle bracelets or head scarfs to jazz up any outfit.
- Use Multi-Purpose products: Get clever with your liquids and use multi-purpose products. Coconut oil is one product that serves multiple purposes – use it on your hair, body, face and scars.
- Stay protected: There is nothing more satisfying than lounging around and bathing in the sun’s rays, while sailing through the blue seas of the Mediterranean. However during these leisurely hours sunscreen is essentially. Invest in a high factor SPF before travel to avoid any nasty burns.
- Share the load: If you’re traveling with friends make sure to share the load, one straightener and hair dryer between groups of friends is sufficient enough.
- Let’s get techie: In a society ruled by Instagram it would be rude not to bring cameras/ Go Pros etc. Investing in a waterproof case may also be an option for some real majestic underwater shots.
- It’s going to be wet: Whether you’re poolside or at sea your personal items are guaranteed to get a splash, so keep them dry and invest in waterproof zip locked bags.
- What not to pack: Ladies, we all love our heels and sometimes it can be a struggle to be without them but for Yacht week they may not be the most appropriate foot attire. If you simply cannot be without the height, why not try a pair of wedges?
We hope you enjoyed our top ten packing hacks for surviving the blue oceans of the Mediterranean, let us know your favorite tips in the comment box below.